Burberry Festive Beauty
Burberry is bringing a touch of Christmas spirit to its beauty products. The special edition collection consists a red nail varnish and Gold Glow powder make-up set, a Crocus candle to fill the air with an ultra-chic scent and a variation of the house’s My Burberry fragrance tied with a festive red bow.
Developed by Burberry Make-up Artistic Consultant Wendy Rowe, under the creative direction of Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Bailey, Burberry introduces a festive new makeup look in the campaign that features naturally illuminated skin with golden highlights, gold enhanced eyes and lips and nails in festive red hues.
“This make-up look was all about celebrating the spirit of the festive season, and the overall mood and attitude of the campaign.”
Here, Wendy Rowe reveals how to recreate the look at home.:
“To create the signature Burberry Glow, I used Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance: my absolute make-up must-have for any look, and added Fresh Glow Foundation to create flawless coverage and to even out the skin tone,” said Wendy.
“To mirror the glow of the face we also used Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance on the body and décolletage.”
1. Apply Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance No.01 to the face to illuminate the skin. Begin application at the centre of the face, blending outwards. Blend well around the jawline to give a natural finish.
2. Highlight the forehead, nose, Cupid’s bow and chin with Sheer Concealer.
3. Use rose-toned shades under the eyes to diminish dark circles and even the complexion. To ensure the look remains natural, avoid applying concealer too close to the lash line.
4. Apply Fresh Glow Fluid Foundation to create a fresh even complexion Begin application at the centre of the face, blending outwards to give an effortless, natural look.
5. Lightly dust Gold Glow Fragranced Luminising Powder in Gold No.01 over the face for a radiant finish.
6. Contour the cheekbones with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No.07.
1. Apply Effortless Mascara in Midnight Black No.01 to the top and bottom lashes using a zigzag motion while moving from the roots to tips.
2. Apply the palest shade from the Complete Eye Palette in Gold No.25 on the eyelid blending up to the socket line.
3. Bring the golden brown shade from the palette underneath the eye to add definition.
4. Intensify the upper lash line with Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Chestnut Brown No.02, filling in between the lashes and blending outwards for a slightly defined shape
1. Apply Lip Mist in Oxblood No.214 to the lips for a sheer illuminating finish with a subtle hint of colour.
2. For a deeper red, define the outer corner of the lip and the bow with Lip Definer in Brick Red No.05.
3. Apply Lip Velvet in Military Red No.310 and finish with Lip Mist in Oxblood No.214.
1. Apply one coat of Nail Protect Base & Top Coat followed by two coats of Oxblood No.303, allowing a little drying time in between coats.
2. Apply a final coat of Nail Protect Base & Top Coat.