Like a wedding checklist, every bride should have a beauty checklist that she ticks off as the wedding draws closer. To look at your perfect takes a lot of planning and working on. It takes a lot more than the best makeup products to look fetching in that bridal costume. You need to be in your best health and feel good on the inside to look dazzling on the outside. So, to help you achieve that perfect Instagram-worthy look here is the ultimate wedding beauty checklist. When you have checked all the points on this list, know that you have achieved your bridal goal.
Let’s break down the checklist into categories for the convenience of the users.
Start with the hair because that takes the most time to fix. You need to spend some time to work up and shine and silkiness.
- First things first, find a great hairstylist and book an appointment.
- Next, pick a hairstyle that you want to sport on the wedding day and another for the reception night.
- Book a haircut appointment for the primary trimming and dying.
- Take an extra appointment for haircare treatments.
- Whip up a hair mask at home to use the day before the wedding.
Most people start by looking up a good salon when they should be researching a good dermatologist.
- Get an appointment with a well-reviewed dermatologist for your particular skin concerns.
- Now find a salon and book an appointment for the recommended targeted skin treatments. Like your solitaire engagement ring, your skin needs to shine too.
- When you have less than a week left, do a homemade facial for exfoliation and brightening. Packs like sheet masks work great for that.
- Start working on those under-eye shadows months before the wedding. That is a combat that takes more persistence than you think.
Your teeth need some attention, and so do your lips. You can’t get them done at the same place, but starting around the same time guarantees the best results.
- See your dentist for a routine checkup.
- Take an appointment from your dentist for an in-clinic teeth whitening treatment.
- Alternately, you can grab an over-the-counter kit of dental whitening and use it on the day before the wedding.
- You need to select a final lip color you are going to wear on your wedding day. Consult with your makeup artist about it.
- For extra soft, luscious lips, scrub once or twice a week.
Brows frame your face and highlight its structure. So, you need to attend to them as often as you can.
- Start by hiring a professional for the brows and the eyes. Choose a specialist with many years of experience for the job.
- But before you finalize them, do some trial runs. Take a friend with you for an honest opinion, or just take some selfies to judge the work.
- You will probably need a set of false eyelashes. There are many kinds, so it’s best to experiment with a couple before you make up your mind about the one you want to use for the wedding.
- Alternately, you can make your eyelashes extra-long with extensions. That would require taking an appointment month in advance.
Your face needs to be at its absolute best on your wedding day. For that, you need the best skincare routine and the makeup job.
- Find out what kind of look you want for your wedding. Check if the look of your choice matches your trousseau as well as your personal style. Beach looks, natural looks, glammed up looks, there are so many kinds these days to choose from.
- Once the look is settled, now go out to find the right kind of makeup artist for the job. Do a couple of trials before you finalize an artist.
- Book an appointment at a salon for a nice facial about a week before the wedding day.
Your nails need some love and care before your big day.
- Book an appointment at your favorite nail salon for a pedicure and manicure.
- While you are at it, get nice nail art done for the wedding, if you are in them.
- Alternately grab a couple of nail colors from the store to apply on the wedding day. You don’t want to wear them a week before and end with up with chipped nail polish on your big day.
A lot needs to be done before your body is ready for the big day.
- First, make an appointment at a tan salon for the perfect soft glowy tanned look.
- Alternately grab a tan moisturizer from the store to use on the wedding day.
- Next, make an appointment at your salon for the waxing needs. Have some time in hand because all that waxing will take a lot of time. Plus, do it a week in advance so that the redness is gone by the time you get married.
- Indulge yourself a little. Get a spa treatment ahead of the wedding. Nothing calms you down and treats your skin better than a nourishing body massage. Even better if it is preceded by a full-body scrub.
Take an hour out from your schedule the day before the wedding to run down this list. Make sure that each and every one of the things have been checked off before the big day and you have all the tools you need in hand, including accessories like jewelry and shapewear for women. You cannot miss anything if you want to look absolutely perfect. However, you need to be prepared for some last-minute beauty emergencies. For those times, you need to have at hand a list of products that will help you do a neat and quick touchup. What you need to have in your cosmetic bag for the wedding is lip color, mascara, blusher, eyeliner, powder, makeup setting spray, concealer, nail polish, hair spray, bobby pins, compact, face wipes, bleach stick, fashion tape, perfume, and Band-Aids.
Images from BEAUTY SCENE EXCLUSIVE: DENIS & TESS by NICOLAS BURRI – See the full story here